SEARCH FOR ACTION & KNOWLEDGE OF TRIBAL INITIATIVE
Review Report by:
Mukta Srivastava, Programme Officer
Oxfam GB in India - Hyderabad .
DATE : 20-25 November 2002
Chapter - 1
TOR for the Review
Oxfam GB's work in South India has gone through several changes over the past few months. Keeping in mind the strategic changes in Oxfam, we are in the process of reviewing our partnership in South India .
SAKTI and Oxfam cherish a long-term partnership. Thus in order to take decision for future partnership, we would like to review the programme supported by Oxfam. The review will include: 1. 'Tribal Empowerment Programme 2 . Coastal Andhra Disaster Preparedness Programme (CAP). This will also be an opportunity to learn from each other.
Components of the Review:
1. Impact of the programme in terms of
• Direct and indirect impact on the lives of poor men women and children.
• Gender sensitivity
• Environmental impact
• The extent to which the objectives have been achieved as a result of the project
• The extent to which other factors have influenced the results.
• A review of the results of the programme in relation to the resources used and time taken.
• To review utilisation of funds as per programme objectives & the budget allocated to the partner agency.
• Office Management
1. Secondary Material Review:
• Programme related documents:
• Finance and legal documents:
• Office management related Documents:
2.Field visits and meeting with the SAKTI team.
• Review of physical work
• Review Gender mainstreaming activities
• Community interaction and meeting
• Meeting and presentation by SAKTI team
• Visit the fields related to both CAP programme and "Tribal Empowerment Programme"
Process of review
• TOR to be shared with SAKTI team
• SAKTI to take care of Field related Logistics.
• SAKTI to produce the following documents at their Hyderabad Office:
A. Finance Related :
• Books of accounts,
• Budget, balance-sheet(s),
• Receipt and payments,
• Income and expenditure,
• FC-3, bank pass books,
• Utilisation certificate(s),
• Stock book,
• Other relevant documents
B. Programme Related:
• Progress reports
• Meeting registers, Village level documents, Tour reports, field workers diary, reports of meetings and workshops.
• Annual reports
• Other relevant documents
• Meetings with communities and individual members
• Group presentation by SAKTI staff about the progress of work done during the last five years
• Group as well as individual meeting with the SAKTI team vis-à-vis Oxfam review team.
• The draft findings to be shared with SAKTI team members.
The Review Team:
Ravindra Singh - Finance Officer, Oxfam GB
Mukta Srivastav- Programme Officer, Oxfam GB
Cheryl Xavier - Programme Support Oxfam GB (only for Finance review part)
P. Sharda Devi - Programme Co-ordinator, SAKTI
Date of Review:
• Field Visits: 20-21-22 of November 2002
• Finance review and meeting with office team: 23-24-25 of November 2002
Detailed Programme Schedule
- Next >>